Friday, February 10, 2012

QMLIrc is now BelleChat

Or it will be, when I get round to changing the name on the project. But it's beginning to come together. The feature set is fixed for version 1.0 as follows:


  • Compatible with mIRC color codes. I've modified Communi to correctly parse the background colour, still have to sort out the user's input.
  • Multiple channels open at once.
  • Scrollable user list with Whois page, which can be automatically populated.
  • Conforms to the Belle UI guidelines. It works in Anna, though. Orange UK haven't approved Belle yet! 
Here's a screenshot...

Pretty colours!
And apropos of nothing, here's a shot of fairycake cars in my street...






3 comments:

bnsDFerguson said...

I'm quite interested in this BelleChat project you have going. It's hard to find good IRC clients for mobiles, and I was worried with going to Symbian, I'd have to make one myself. I'm curious, will it work on phones with different form factors, like the E6? That would be fantastic if it does. :) Either way, really looking forward to seeing the progress you make with it!i

Unknown said...

It should do, although not having an E6, I haven't been able to test it yet. I does work in landscape mode on my N8, and there's nothing funky going on with the graphics, so I see no reason why not.

Thanks for the support!

bnsDFerguson said...

Mm, I just notice some applications have the Belle style, yet appear tiny due to the E6's unusually high resolution screen. I'm not sure if it's because of something with the Qt Quick Components or what.

I've only recently gotten a Symbian phone, so I'm still in the process of learning the programming ins and outs, practices, application styling, etc. Hopefully I can get used to Creator and have at BelleChat to try it out.